Monday, June 26, 2006

Thank You!

This is from a little booklet I got from my church.


Thank You!

Two simple words
that express
so much



We use them:
- when someone gives us good service.
- when someone buys something from us.
- when someone lends a helping hand.

Sometimes, when a "Thank You", seems inadequate, we may express our thanks through various actions, such as:
- by leaving a tip.
- by giving our hostess a gift.
- by shaking someone's hand.

I would like to express my thanks to you by sharing with you some information which has lasting value. Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, left the glory of heaven, and lived a sinless life on this earth, so that He could die in the place of sinners like you and me.

He has promised in the Bible that all who will repent of their sins and receive Him as their Lord and Savior will have an abundant life now and will spend eternity in heaven with God.

He has forgiven me of my sins and has given me great peace and joy. I have committed my life completely to Him and through Him I have found abundant life now, assurance of eternal life, and a home in heaven.

He says to all who will believe in Him, "Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

He saves us; He keeps us; He fills our deepest need.


Introducing you to Him is the best way I have of
expressing my thanks.

Will you recieve Him today as your Lord and Savior
and be saved forever?

Read the following Bible verses and consider what they
teach about being saved:

- All of us are sinners. (Rom. 3:23 - 24)

- Even so, God loves us. (Rom. 5:8)

- God not only has provided for salvation, but also a way for us to live with Him forever. (John 3:16; Rom. 6:23)

- God commands us to turn away from our sin. (Luke 13:3;
Acts 17:30)

- We can call upon God for salvation. (Rom. 10:13 - 14)

- We must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 16:31)

- We can know that we are saved. (John 1:12; Rom. 10:9;
1 John 5:13)

- The world can know that we are saved by the lives that we live. (Matt. 7:16, 20)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Zachary,
This is a wonderful presentation of the gospel! Christ has given us a great hope!

Elizabeth