Tuesday, September 02, 2008

...to Live is Christ ...to Die is Gain

Here is a devotion from Love Worth Finding Ministries for today.
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise.”
Luke 23:43


DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I read about a man who was on an airplane in a bad storm. Even the flight attendant was nervous, but there was another little lady humming “Blessed Assurance.” She seemed to be at ease. This man said to her, “Lady, aren’t you afraid?” She replied, “Not at all. I’ve given my heart to Jesus Christ. Not so long ago, I had a daughter who died. She was a radiantly beautiful Christian and is now in heaven. I have another daughter who’s in Denver, where this airplane is going. But, I tell you the truth. It really doesn’t make much difference to me which daughter I visit.” Jesus told a man on a bloody cross, “Today you’ll be with Me in paradise.”

No comments: