Saturday, March 22, 2008

What Is the Victorious Life?

Here is a devotion from Love Worth Finding Ministries for today.
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
So many people want to know what the victorious life is, but let me first tell you what it is not. It is not a life without ever committing a sin. It is not a life without ever having any failure. It is not a life without ever having any doubt. It is not a life without ever having discouragement. Instead, the victorious life is the life of bringing our failures to the Lord Jesus and allowing Him to give us a brand new start. Day after day I tell the Lord that I need a new start, that I need to be anointed with fresh oil today, and that I need forgiveness. I thank God that He is a God of grace, a God of glory, and a God of a second chance. You’re probably more prepared to serve God after failure and restoration, than perhaps at any other time in your life.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Pruett said...

This is a wonderful devotion. Thank you for sharing! Happy Easter!